Thursday, April 26, 2012

Westminster Abbey & St. Margaret's Church

Westminster Abbey is right across the street from Westminster Palace (fancy that!). We couldn't go in Westminster Abbey this afternoon because 1) it costs money, and 2) it was closed for the day when we got there. But pictures were free, and we took lots of them. And I will probably end up forking over the thirteen pounds it costs to get in to go see Poet's Corner and--you guessed it--the Milton memorial! Oh yeah--and I guess seeing the resting places of Handel and Dickens and Tennyson and Elizabeth I would be pretty cool too.






This is St. Margaret's Church, where Milton worshipped! It's on the same site as Westminster Abbey.


This bird jumped out of the bushes and tried to attack me. I suspect fowl play.



A view of the Abbey from the west end

Like I've said before, I love the history here--the sheer magnitude of it all. To know that you are walking where famous people walked and where big events in history occurred... Wow. It just blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment