Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Practice for Jet Lag

I stayed up all night writing a paper.

Now, this isn't your exaggerated, metaphorical I-stayed-up way-all-the-way-until-2am "all night." That's for pansies. I do that all the time. Last night I was awake ALL NIGHT--the only time I closed my eyes was for 20 minutes before I had to go to present said paper I stayed up all night working on.

Now, staying up all night isn't healthy, and I don't recommend it. In fact, this post could probably be titled "A Public Apology to My Mother for Not Taking Better Care of Myself." (Sorry, Mom!) But I figure, hey--I'm super good at staying up late. Maybe this is a sign that I will be able to meet jet lag on its own terms and CONQUER it.

I leave in 6 days!! Ho boy, have I got a lot of packing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun on your adventures! ...I remember staying up literally all night only twice so far. It saves the grade and kills the body. Luckily you can make up sleep later. Hope your mom understands

    ReplyDelete