Tuesday, April 24, 2012

On My Way!

Morning view of Boise Idaho
Yay, Boise!

It's 7:22 am, and I am sitting in the Boise airport watching the sun rise over the foothills.

Do you know what this means, people??

My little blue suitcase and I are officially on our way to LONDON!!

(It's pretty much the cutest little blue suitcase you ever did see. I found it at Ross, and I love it. So easy to roll, and perfect for my first grand adventure!)

This morning after a two hour nap (I stayed up until 3:30 packing) my mom and my nine-year-old sister and I loaded up my stuff and made the ten-minute drive to the airport, where we unloaded, said goodbyes, and I was off! Security was pretty quick--it seems that not many people like getting up at the crack of dawn to come and sit in an airport. No complications, but they made me take off my belt, even though it's plastic. Whatever. So I was done in about fifteen minutes, and here I am. Hurry up and wait. But it's better than having to run for the plane, I guess. I'm hoping there won't be any of that on this trip. There shouldn't be--goodness knows my layover in San Francisco is long enough. But really, I'm not bothered by any of this. I'm going to London, for goodness sake!

I have been banished to the furthest reaches of the terminal (which really isn't that far--this is the Boise airport we're talking about, after all), and get this--there are BIRDS in here. I kid you not. They must have wiggled through the skylight somewhere. Though I'm sure the airport is probably going crazy trying to figure out how to deal with them, their chirping certainly provides nice ambience for such a lovely spring morning. Which is made even lovelier by the fact that I'm going to London! Did I mention that I'm going to London??

Well, since I'm sitting here, I might as well fill you in on some of the preparation that has led up to this moment.

My mom and I spent all day yesterday and Saturday driving all over hither and yon--partially to get stuff for this trip, and partially to take boys to soccer and work and school and track and whatever else. We must have gone from one side of the city to the other at least three times. And honestly, I don't mind. Hey--in a family of nine kids, that's what we do. Bless my mother--she's superwoman. So in between all of said activities, we managed to go to a few different stores and find my little blue suitcase, a camera, a cute pair of flats with arch support and padding (crazy, right??) and the perfect black button-up cardigan. You would not believe how difficult it is to find that last article. I've gone on rants before about my issues with shopping. I know exactly what I want, and when I can't find it, I get irritated. I just want a long-sleeve, black button-up cardigan that's light, but has a little bit of warmth to it. Is that so much to ask?? Well, I found it at Target, so the world can go on as before. ;)

Wow--it's getting late. I have to go use my card and buy my obligatory bottle of water (so the bank can tell that I'm traveling and doesn't shut my account down), and then I board! Wish me luck! Possible update to come in San Francisco, my last stop before London!

Photo credit: The Knowles Gallery on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment