Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hello, San Francisco


My plane, my foot, and my little blue suitcase

Maybe it's because I haven't had any sleep to speak of, but I was super antsy/nervous on the flight to San Francisco. It got kind of ridiculous. I was feeling slightly claustrophobic (I was in the very last row in the back of the plane) and I was nervous that at any moment the plane would stop dead and fall out of the sky. Irrational, right? And the pilot seemed to do several maneuvers that caused my stomach to get that feeling you get on roller coasters when you're going down a long drop. I hate that feeling. Anyway, I was happy when the plane finally touched down. It's weird. In my limited experience, I've always enjoyed flying, but today I just wasn't feeling it. I attribute it to my ultra sleep-deprived state, characterized by nervousness, irrational thoughts, mood swings, and bouts of helpless laughter.

To all of you who have had to deal with me in my ultra sleep-deprived state (not to be confused with my normal state of perpetual exhaustion) I apologize.

So here I am in San Francisco, chillin' until my flight at 1:00. I think I need to go find some food. Perhaps that will help. This is my last stop before London!

By the way, great news! I took a break from London preparations yesterday and had a sort of informal Google+ hangout interview with Dr. Rick West in BYU's Instructional Psychology and Technology Department. He emailed me afterward to offer me a job as a research assistant! I'll be working 20 hours a week starting in the fall doing research about communities of innovation. It was the perfect send-off. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment