Friday, May 18, 2012

Stonehenge

If I thought all the places I've been to so far have the weight of years upon them, they're just kid stuff compared to where I went today. We're talking 3,500 years here. And that's just since it was abandoned. It was in use for nearly 1,500 years before that.



Stonehenge... What can I say? 


A circle of mysterious rocks.


An excellent backdrop for pictures.


An ancient sundial/calendar (which works better if there's sun, of course.)



A towering stone monument on the majestic rolling Salisbury plain...


...Surrounded by flaxseed fields and many fluffy sheep.


I went there, as many thousands of people have for thousands of years have come before me...


And will continue to come long after I've gone


Wondering who built it, how they did it, and how it was used. We can speculate, but we don't know for sure.


 And still the stones keep their secrets.

1 comment:

  1. When I was on my mission...I found the Stonehenge was the most overrated spot because after seeing it for one time, it's all downhill from there. :v

    ReplyDelete