Monday, May 21, 2012

Hitting Halfway

So I have been MIA, and I apologize. I have chosen sleep over updating my blog, and have chosen trying to get my homework done over sleep. So the hierarchy here goes

Homework
Sleep
Blog.

With some things in between, of course.

ANYway, we hit our halfway point in the program this past week. How crazy is that?? And in a couple more days we will have been here a month. Also crazy. Of course, this means that I am in a semi-panic over how many things on my list I have not yet done that have to be crammed into these last three (more like two and a half) weeks. So here's my London List of Things I Have Yet to Do:

  • See Les Miserables. This is NOT negotiable, people. I have to see this play.
  • Go into Westminster Abbey
  • Have cream tea (tea--herbal, of course--and a scone with jam and clotted cream)
  • See the Impressionist exhibit at the National Gallery
  • Go to the Tate Modern and the Tate Britain
  • See the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum (lots of museums here)
  • See London Bridge. Which, no, is not currently falling down, but has fallen down, burned down, been moved down, etc. in the past. Just thought I'd clear that up for ya.
  • Ride the top of a double-decker bus through the city. After riding the Tube everywhere, you kind of get tunnel vision--I feel like I don't know the city from aboveground yet.
  • See something in the Royal Albert Hall
  • Bike through Hyde Park--you can rent bikes here. Of course, I am terrified to ride on the roads here (I can't even walk across the roads without almost getting hit) so we'll stay in the nice safe park.
  • See the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace
Anything I've missed? Tell me quick, because I don't have a lot of time left!



Image is from this site

1 comment: