Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Grand Tour


Today KayCee and I took our own grand tour of some of the greatest sites in London. KayCee wanted some specific pictures for a kind of art project she has in mind in front of places like Big Ben, The London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, the Tower of London, and St. Paul's Cathedral. Our trek took over four hours, and even though we got soaked by the occasional bursts of rain and were thoroughly exhausted by the time we got back to our flat, it was so worth it. Just walking around was a great kind of last hurrah for my final days in this historic city.

Of course, me being me with irritating lack of foresight sometimes, I didn't get any pictures for today of some of the classics like Big Ben and Westminster. I attribute this to my state of damp exhaustion.


The only picture I got close to Westminster was by the only statue in the quad of a person from the other side of the pond: Abraham Lincoln. A man worthy of veneration, to be sure.


Supreme Court building


There were policemen on horses (see the neon yellow vests?), and I tried to get a picture of them, but obviously I only caught the tail end.


Tower Bridge. It was rather wet. Walking across this was on my list of things to do before I leave London, and it did not disappoint.





London City Hall


Classic view of the Tower of London




HMS Belfast


I'm sure this must have been an ominous view at certain points in history, but it was certainly lovely today.

1 comment: